Monday, December 5, 2011

A Very Neti Christmas

My aunt tells me that the star of the blog is not the crafts, but the cat! She should be happy about this post because it is Neti heavy! Warning: Lots of pictures!

This was our very first Christmas with Neti and although she was adopted at two years old the hubby and I like to think this is her first Christmas ever! And she sure was in EVERYTHING. We put the tree up, decorated, and (I) quilted Christmas cheer. As you can see in the next few pictures, Neti was a part of every step.

Friday afternoon my fabrics were delivered! Look at the all the beautiful Christmas fabrics. Unknowingly, I seemed to trend towards a vintage look. Go figure.


And as I ironed them Neti straightened them.


And then gave me a back massage, which is a bad habit she has picked up when I spend too much time sewing and not enough time playing with her.


She kept stock of the fabrics as I pulled and mixed and matched.


She even helped me fit it to the batting I had picked out for quilting.


But more about the pattern! It was HORRIBLE. I don't even remember where I got it, but the way it directed me to cut the fabric I ended up with double! I was so mad! That's money I could have saved, fabric I could not have wasted. However, I was in the Christmas spirit and look what happened...


TWO CHRISTMAS TREE SKIRTS!!! I figured Devon would want/need one. I called to check and she said that yes, she would also like one. AND... remember that Dresden Plate mini-quilt last week I made and gave to her for fun? She kindly requested a Christmas one. Oh, Devon... :) Of course! But I need some time. As you can see I went completely crazy and did nothing this last weekend except quilt. I got both of them basted and ready to go!


Neti oversaw the quilting of the first one.


I just did a simple meandering stipple after a grid for clovers fell through. I love the end result!




And of course, this is now Neti's favorite spot. More Christmas projects to come... like the second quilted tree skirt (goal is to have it done by Friday night!), some pot holder gifts, a mini-quilt for Devon (and maybe myself), and a stocking or two. I've got three weeks until Christmas. Think I can finish it all? Stay posted to find out! Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment