Friday, May 25, 2012

Anticipation

It's about that time! I decided to take a vacation and spend it not on a beach but at home with the family. It will be a combination-adventure, spending a few days wedding dress shopping with the bride-to-be sister in Chicago followed by a train ride HOME with Mom. I anticipate a week of crafting! While Mom and Dad are at work I will be crafting with Grandma! You may remember that all those years ago it was the Grandma that taught me how to sew. I don't know how much fabric the sister and I wasted making "purses" which was the first item I learned to make. Needless to say, the quilts my Grandma turns out are spectacular. I hope to be that good one day.


I purchased the above fabric to make a tiny baby quilt that will attach to a stroller or carseat. My cousin is having a baby girl! Finally a girl to make stuff for!! I'm coming for you, Grandma! I got all the fabric cut and ready to sew.

A week filled with crafting doesn't denote quilting only (although the goal is to completely finish this tiny quilt). I will also be hanging out with the brother. Video games and knitting? The ultimate combination. I've been trekking along and am almost finished with the yoke of the baby sweater I'm making for Baby Cousin. I should even have enough yarn left over for a pair of baby socks or booties. Neti and I spent last weekend on the couch knitting and snoozing. You can see we were quite comfortable.


Can't wait to get home! My flight leaves in 7 hours. Hurrah! Next post will be from home. Maybe I should highlight some of Grandma's inspiration quilts.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment