Monday, January 14, 2013

Patience is a Virtue

Cutting, cutting, cutting, cutting, cutting. No kidding, my wrists hurt from cutting so much. I am prepping my Swoon quilt!


You may have remembered me mentioning it earlier and not only that but I am enlarging it, hence the greater amount of cutting needed. From 9- 2ft x 2ft squares to 16!

I've definitely run in to a few issues with piece size due to the wonkiness (word?) of the fat quarter set I got. I am barely squeaking by on some of the pieces and may need to work some magic when it comes to piecing together. I left that problem for future me and just continued chopping away.


It took me two weekends, off and on, but I got all of my fat quarters cut! Yay! I finished just last night. This left me with only needing to cut the background fabric. Buh, buh, buuuuuhh...


Look how much fabric it is!!! What a pain to figure out how to cut. On a lighter note, my brother is in town! He's at the end of this long fabric train (hi JP!).


The cat LOVED how much fabric was there. Obviously.


And she delighted in tormenting me. Glad someone (aka the brother) was there to witness it all.


Regardless, I finished cutting all that gray into strips which will then be cut down into about a million squares (a more accurate number will be added soon, but's a lot). It's all much more manageable though in strips, which is great. Maybe another weekend of cutting then it's off to the races!


Both the brother and hubby thought I was crazy cutting all those little squares. I'm excited to show them how it all comes together. I can't wait to see it, especially king sized.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment